Fall is a wonderful, cool weather season to maintain your home before winter!
Here are a few tips to prepping your home before bitter winter weather begins:
- Have you cleaned your gutters, lately? Clean those sticks and leaves out so that water can properly drain away from your house. Clogged gutters can cause leaks and damage your roof and the outside of your home.
- Check for and repair roof damage.
- No snow induced leaks for YOU this winter!
- Trim trees and remove dead branches. Harsh winter weather could cause branches to fall and damage your home, vehicles, or worse yet, people walking on your property.
- Have your heating systems maintained by a qualified professional. Having systems such as furnaces and fireplaces checked can prevent fire and smoke damage.
- Check doors and windows for damaged caulking and repair before the cold sets in. This will also help keep down energy and heating costs!
- Check insulation of your home. Is your attic properly insulated? Heat escaping through the attic can cause roof damage due to melting snow, and can increase the cost to heat your home!